Promoting technological and operational excellence, respecting the environment, bringing economic benefit to the community in which we operate.
Who we are
The Romanian Black Sea Titleholders Association (RBSTA/the Association) is the only association dedicated to the exploration, development and production of hydrocarbons resources in the Black Sea areas under Romania’s jurisdiction and sovereign rights. RBSTA is formed by titleholders of concessions offshore Romania.
Current concession titleholders (in alphabetic order) of the Romanian Black Sea represented in RBSTA are:
- Black Sea Oil & Gas S.A.
- ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Romania Limited
- Gas Plus Dacia S.R.L.
- Lukoil Overseas Atash B.V.
- OMV Petrom S.A.
- Petro Ventures Resources SRL.
- S.N.G.N. Romgaz S.A.
Members participate to RBSTA’s activites on a voluntary and equitable basis.
The Association aims to become the recognized focal point of knowledge and best practices among offshore oil and gas operators in Romania, thus creating a cooperation framework for the Black Sea Romania operators and contributing to the country’s economic development.
RBSTA promotes industry best practices in order to protect the health and safety of those that are impacted by its activities, protect the environment, enhance operational excellence, promote economic and business development and support local communities.
- Represent Members’ interests in relation with Romanian State’s executive and legislative branches, local communities, national and international authorities, media, other agencies and organizations;
- Promote programs and policies among offshore oil and gas operations in Romania with respect to the following:
- health and safety
- environmental protection
- legislative and regulatory issues
- employment and labor conditions issues
- emergency preparedness and response
- Promote sound industry practices and a stimulating business environment for Romania’s offshore oil and gas industry;
- Promote employment opportunities for Romanians through the growth of businesses in Romania;
- Promote and support education of the new generation of Romanian oil and gas specialists through cooperation with Romanian educational institutions;
- Strengthen and promote strategic planning in the Romanian energy sector at large;
- Develop co-operation with national and international agencies and organizations.
The bodies of the Association are the following: a. the General Assembly consisting of one representative from each Member; b. the Board of Directors composed of all the Members of the Association, each represented through a special appointee for such duty. The mandate of the Board of Directors is valid for a period of 12 (twelve) months. On an annual basis, the Association members elect a Chairman and Vice-Chairman from the members’ representatives. For 2020 ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Romania Limited (EMEPRL) acts as Chairman through Richard Tasker and Black Sea Oil and Gas (BSOG) acts as Vice-Chairman through Mark Beacom. Oana David is the Manager of RBSTA and runs the the day to day operations of the association.