Exxon Mobil Corporation (ExxonMobil)
ExxonMobil, one of the largest publicly‐traded international oil and gas company, uses technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. ExxonMobil holds an industry‐leading inventory of resources, is one of the largest refiner and marketer of petroleum products and its chemical company is one of the largest in the world. ExxonMobil is a recognized global leader in operating complex offshore projects and has been involved in more than 32 deep water developments since 2005.
To learn more, visit our website: http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on Twitter
Stay connected on LinkedIn
Visit our channel on YouTube
Get the latest energy news and views at EnergyFactor.com and Energy Factor Europe
ExxonMobil in Romania
- ExxonMobil was the first U.S. oil and gas company to work in Romania, operating as the Standard Oil Co. of New Jersey in 1903-1948.
- In 1992, ExxonMobil returned and established a downstream business in Romania. Currently, ExxonMobil markets Mobil-branded lubricants for passenger and commercial vehicle applications through a distributor network.
- In 2008, ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Romania Ltd. (EMEPRL) executed a farm-out agreement with OMV Petrom SA to acquire a 50 percent interest in the deepwater portion of the XIX Neptun block (Neptun Deep).
- In 2009-2010, EMEPRL acquired more than 3,000 square kilometers of 3D seismic data over Neptun Deep.
- In 2011, EMEPRL opened an office in Bucharest.
- In March 2012, the Domino-1 well was drilled, the first deepwater well in Romania, which confirmed the presence of natural gas in the Neptun Deep block.
- In 2013 EMEPRL completed a seven-month 3D seismic survey covering approximately 6,000 square kilometers in Neptun Deep.
- Additional drilling in Neptun Deep began in July 2014.
- In 2016 the most ambitious drilling program ever undertaken in the Romanian sector of the Black Sea was completed, with exemplary safety and environmental performance.
- Feasibility studies are currently underway to assess the commerciality of a potential development of the gas resources discovered in the Neptun Deep block.