RBSTA members’ commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment
Companies that will be developing offshore resources in the Black Sea are committed to safe and environmentally responsible operations.
Developing a culture of safety
Oil and gas producers in the Black Sea design, operate and maintain facilities to prevent incidents and are committed to continuously improving environmental performance throughout their operations. Producers have respect for the environment and foster appropriate operating practices and training. To keep safety a priority, oil and gas producers in the Black Sea:
- Design and maintain facilities, provide training and conduct operations in a manner that safeguards people and property;
- Have systems and procedures in place, which are designed to protect the physical security of people and property, control access to facilities and protect data and operations control systems; and
- Are committed to ongoing efforts to identify and eliminate or manage safety risks associated with their activities. They undertake reviews and evaluations of operations to continuously improve safety performance and impose responsibility and accountability for safe performance on the job.
Environmental stewardship through regulatory compliance
Producers in the Black Sea comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations, and apply responsible standards where laws and regulations do not exist. Producers are also committed to conducting their business in a safe and secure manner that protects the safety of employees, others involved in operations, customers and communities.
- Efficient environmental regime: Oil and gas producers in the Black Sea work with the government, regulators and industry groups to support and encourage the timely development of effective environmental laws and regulations that consider the risks, costs and benefits, including effects on energy and product supply.
- Environmental management: Producers in the Black Sea design, operate, and maintain facilities to prevent incidents and are committed to continuously improving environmental performance throughout their operations. They encourage concern and respect for the environment and foster appropriate operating practices and training.